Sunday and Monday, September 23 & 24, 6:30pm
Freeport Performing Arts Center, 30 Holbrook Street
Casting singers and actors interested in being part of this year’s show. Singers should be prepared to sing a song from the 1960s, unaccompanied. Actors should be prepared to cold read excerpts from sketches. Accents, celebrity impressions, and character voices will help you stand out in the crowd!
What To Bring to the Auditions
Please attend one of the two audition dates and bring:
- Willingness to take direction and roll with whatever auditions throw at you
- A list of your theater experience to save time filling out your audition sheet
- A head shot (photo), if you have one, to help us put a face to the name when we consider casting options
- A list of your schedule conflicts – Please be sure to review rehearsal dates before you audition! See below.
- Please don’t audition if you can’t be at rehearsal TECH & DRESS REHEARSAL WEEK, and on all show dates. See below.
Cast of Characters
We have a mix of roles available for actors and singers with a range of skills and experience.
Director: Janie Downey Maxwell
Music Directors: Jane Bradley, Ellen Ebert, Daric Ebert
About This Year’s Music
This year’s show is set in the 1960s and will feature a variety of musical styles, all backed by the WFCP band and directed by Radio veterans Ellen Ebert, Daric Ebert, and Jane Bradley. This year’s Radio edition we will delve into a bit of British Invasion for all you Beatles fans!
Music will rehearse on Sundays from 1-5:00. Skits will rehearse on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:30. Everyone will not be called for all rehearsals. Please let us know of any potential rehearsal conflicts so we can plan your rehearsals accordingly! Rehearsals will run from October 7th to November 21st at the Freeport Performing Arts Center, 30 Holbrook Street, Freeport.
TECH & DRESS REHEARSALS, which everyone is required to attend (music and skits), are on Sunday, 11/25, Monday, 11/26, Wednesday, 11/28, and Thursday, 11/29, from 6:30-9:30 PM.
SHOW DATES are Friday-Sunday, 11/30-12/2/18. Friday and Saturday show are at 7:30 with a 6:30 cast call. The Sunday show is at 2:00 with a 1:00 cast call. We would like you to stick around on Sunday to help strike the set – and celebrate with a cast party!
Please don’t hesitate to contact Director Janie Downey Maxwell with any questions: 207-233-3339